If you'd like to add more music to your life, the Denon AVR-X1100 IN-Command receiver will be a welcome addition to your home theater. It's designed to let you get as much of your music collection playing through your speakers as possible, regardless of where your digital tunes are stored. This receiver is loaded with wireless capabilities, so you can stream music from smartphones, tablets, computers, and online music services. Connect your speakers and wired components like a cable box, gaming system, and Blu-ray player to turn your living room into a true home theater with walloping surround sound. It's even 4K-ready for connection to an Ultra HD TV.
Wireless versatility for all your digital tunes
With all the various devices we use to play music, the hardest part can be playing them all through our home theater speakers. The AVR-X1100 takes all the mystery out of this process. Have a networked computer or music server? Built-in Wi-Fi along with DLNA compatibility will place your entire collection at your fingertips. Have a tablet and smartphone? If it's an Apple® device, AirPlay has you covered. If it's Android™ or another platform, built-in Bluetooth will do the trick. Are you a subscriber to Spotify's premium service? Access their entire library through the Spotify app and play it all back with this receiver. Plus, there's Pandora, SiriusXM, and free Internet radio streams all accessible using this receiver on its own.
The free Denon Remote App turns your Apple or Android smartphone into a powerful Wi-Fi remote.
Wish you could have music playing in two rooms? The 'X1100 can help you do it. Its multi-zone feature means it can power speakers in two rooms simultaneously — playing different songs in each or the same song in both rooms. Use the surround back speaker outputs to power stereo speakers in another room. Connect them in a kitchen, bedroom, or out on a porch to listen to tunes while the rest of the family enjoys a movie in 5.2-channel surround sound in the home theater.
Sound that's tailored to your room
To get sound that's perfectly optimized for your room and speaker setup, you'll need to calibrate your speakers. Luckily, that's as easy as plugging in the included microphone into the AVR-X1100's front-panel and pressing "Start." The mic will take speaker measurements as test tones are played. Then, the receiver's Audyssey processing will adjust settings to guarantee well-balanced surround sound in your room. Audyssey's Dynamic EQ and Volume features help your system perform better at lower volume levels and minimize large volume fluctuations while watching TV or movies.
Control it with your smartphone
Denon's free Remote App can turn your smartphone into a powerful Wi-Fi remote control. Download it on your Apple or Android device and use it to change sources, adjust the volume, control music in multiple zones, and listen to Internet and network music sources.
Home automation capabilities
Like all of Denon's IN-Command receivers, the AVR-X1100 offers useful home automation features. It can be set up and operated by a computer over a wired or wireless home network via IP control. There's an infrared input on the rear-panel, for use with external remotes and control systems. And the AVR-X1100 is certified for use with Control4 home automation equipment.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding, including Dolby Pro Logic® IIz
- Audyssey "Silver" speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance for as many as eight seating positions
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM, and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution), including DSD files (2.8 MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA and Windows® 8 certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod, iPhone, or USB memory device
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- powered and line-level stereo outputs for 2nd room allows 5.2-channel sound in main room
- amp assign function lets you use surround back speaker outputs for front height, Zone 2, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 6 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 1 out
- composite video switching: 2 inputs, 1 output
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 2 analog stereo audio inputs
- preamp outputs for two powered subwoofers
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives and an iPod or iPhone
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- IR input for external controllers
- full-sized headphone jack
- removable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Denon Remote app lets you use your Apple, Android, or Kindle Fire device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 6"H x 13-3/8"D
- weight: 18.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years