12" Wireless Ready Subwoofer
17-1/8" H x 16-1/2" W x 16-1/2" D
( (43.50cm) H x (41.91cm) W x (41.91cm) D )
The wireless system for the three new DSWPROwi digital subwoofers is made up of a small wireless dongle that connects to the subwoofer’s amplifier plate. No additional AC power connection is necessary, because the dongle connects to the amplifier’s power supply.
An optional compact wireless transmitter connects to an A/V receiver and sends bass signals to the subwoofers; there is no latency, no compression, just big bass for your viewing pleasure.
Our largest and most powerful Wireless-Ready Subwoofer is still compact enough to fill a big room with waves of tight bass without cramping your style. The DSWpro660wi boasts a 200/500W (continuous/peak) Intelligent Digital Amplifier that effortlessly moves a 12-inch Dynamic Balance Driver. Explosions are more explosive. Deep bass effects are more subterranean. Bass response is more accurately musical
No wires With the optional Wireless Transmitter (sold separately), DSWpro-wi Series Subwoofers finally eliminate wire clutter without sacrificing performance. The Wireless Transmitter system is instantaneous and full range, for utterly loss-less signal at realistic lightning speeds. From anywhere in your room, DSWpro-wi delivers tremendous Polk Audio bass performance with no unsightly wires!
- Patented Dynamic Balance tuning removes performance-robbing resonances before they appear on the cone. Proprietary Composite Polypropylene Cone material is lightweight and super-stiff for superior efficiency and cone control, with the performance specs of a driver with a much larger diameter. Durable Rubber Surrounds don't rot like industry-standard foam surrounds, so they provide better damping and more years of reliable performance.
- Polk's new design Intelligent Digital Amplifier can funnel gobs of awesome low-frequency power to your DSWpro-wi Subwoofer, but also motor down power usage in low volume situations or stand-by mode. We're bass hogs, but not energy hogs!
- This is no "one size fits all" Subwoofer. The exclusive Polk Room Optimizer (PRO) allows you to choose one of four pre-programmed room settings to achieve maximum bass with a minimum of set up and placement hassles. Choose your perfect sub setting right from your listening position with your DSWpro-wi remote controller!
- LFE, line-level inputs and outputs, and professional 5-way Binding Posts for speaker-level inputs, allow easy connection to any system.
- Turn it too loud, and any speaker will distort. Performance-limiters and antiquated servo feedback systems are too reactionary for today's lightning-fast digital audio technology. So Polk Audio developed a smarter solution that heads-off distortion before it happens, even at high volumes. With Patented Feed Forward Anti-Distortion Technology at work, you get bulletproof reliability with ultra-pure distortion-free performance.
- The state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer is a unique tool Polk Audio engineers use to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension; all the parts that move. Klippel Optimization keeps the moving parts aligned and moving smoothly, even when they're moving really fast.
- Aside from the option of going wireless, you can rearrange the DSWpro-wi's adjustable feet to configure the Subwoofer in either standard downward-firing or front-firing modes. Use downward-firing for open space placement, and front-firing mode for better performance when the Subwoofer is placed within a cabinet or audio furniture. Use acoustic rubber feet for placement on hard surfaces, and spikes to keep the enclosure immobile on carpeted floors. Each configuration is optimized for the most efficient, deepest bass response possible.
- This newly engineered enclosure is extensively braced, heavy duty MDF. Rap it with your knuckles and you'll hear how solid it is. It virtually eliminates the kind of unwanted cabinet "boom" you get with cheaper enclosures. DSWpro-wi bass is tight and controlled, with instant response. The innovative Slot-Loaded Bass Port provides significantly more surface area than a traditional circular port, and it's tuned to eliminate "chuffing" and performance-robbing port-end turbulence. You'll literally feel the big waves of deep musical bass delivered by this surprisingly compact Subwoofer.